StreamSend: Engineering Director
Location: San Francisco, CA
Engineering Director (Ruby on Rails)
- Reports to: President
- Supervises: Engineers
- Travel: Very little if any
Working director that establishes manages and participates in Agile/Lean product development in a multi-product engineering or multiple major feature-engineering environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in engineering
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the software engineering team
- Ensure engineering uses Agile/Lean principles for rapid iterations
- Create an environment that promotes engineering to directly understand customer needs, ensuring that products / features fulfill the needs of the customer
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Support teams as part of engineering process.
- Manage and drive software roadmaps. Establish timelines for engineering and deployments.
- Making key architecture decisions in conjunction with other technical departments. Understanding the on rapid iterations.
- Bachelors degree or greater in Computer Science
- The ideal candidate is one that has had at least 15 years experience in software engineering
- At least 5 years experience in engineering management
- Has worked with a several small companies offering a SaaS product
- Managed small teams with simultaneous product or major feature development
- At least 3 years experience with Ruby on Rails
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
173 total views, 1 today