streetbook.com: Software Engineer – Python/Django
Location: London, UK
in Soho, London. Founded at the start of
2010, we launched the first version of our site last year and are now gearing up
for a major expansion in the first half of 2011.
Engineer to join the team.
- raw talent and technical aptitude
- proven real-world experience with web development using
Python and Django
- experience designing scalable and flexible web
- an understanding of deployment processes, Linux server
configuration and performance engineering techniques
- relational database experience, ideally with PostgreSQL
- knowledge of mapping APIs; OpenStreetMap, Postgis or
geodjango experience a plus
- enthusiasm for learning new skills, technologies and
- energy and determination to get things done, without
compromising on quality
- great self-management and communication skills.
substantial technical input into the development of a site which we expect to
grow to millions of active users, and hopefully to have some fun too!
- Competitive basic salary (£30k – £50k depending on experience) plus performance related bonus
- Eligibility to join share option / profit sharing
- Free breakfast, lunch and soft drinks in the office
- 28 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great office location, in the heart of Soho
- Quiet working environment with your choice of computer, chair etc
working at home would be considered).
- get back to any applicant within 24 hours
- interview and make a decision as quickly as we can
- get the successful candidate on board as soon as they’re able to start.
To apply: Please send CV & covering letter (including details of previous work, links to github, personal site etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
270 total views, 1 today