Location: Los Angeles, CA
We’re a small, twelve year-old company that’s run like a startup and we’re looking for senior-level web developers. We’ve never taken investments from outside parties and have been profitable since inception. Therefore, all pressure at our office is self-imposed and we encourage a work hard/play hard environment. There are currently ten of us in the US (and about 20 people overseas, including some developers), but we’re beefing up our domestic team in an effort to increase horsepower and day-to-day communication.
We own about 25 websites in the social education space. We just launched our newest property, www.StudyMode.com
, and we’re migrating traffic from multiple sites to it over the next few months. We own other sites too, like one of the largest flashcard websites (www.flashcardexchange.com
) and one of the most popular sites in the Spanish-speaking world, www.BuenasTareas.com
. We’ve got sites in many other languages too. You probably haven’t heard of us, but a couple million people visit our sites every day and we push about a billion pageviews per year. We don’t have set working hours and we work in a friendly, vibrant community in West Hollywood, California.
We provide an excellent opportunity for developers at all levels to learn, teach, and grow. We offer medical/dental/vision insurance for you and your family, a good budget for your workstation setup, and chill work environment. We care about three things: skills, work ethic, and culture. If you’ve got skills and are a hard worker who knows how to have fun, we’d love to speak with you.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing new features and applications for our websites.
- Maintaining and constantly improving our current code.
- Handling your own quality assurance and pushing your code live.
We use and we prefer if you’re well-versed in:
- PHP / Zend*
*We’re open to developers of languages other than PHP/Zend who are ready to dive into something new.
You must be:
- A self-starter who’s ready to dive in to unfamiliar code.
- Someone who’s interested in constantly learning and improving themselves professionally and personally.
- A team player.
It’d be great if you:
- Have a degree in computer science or a related field.
- Have 3+ years of web development experience (flexible based on your abilities)
- Enjoy working with open source libraries (active contributors are a plus).
- Have experience working on ecommerce websites.
- Enjoy coding personal projects in addition to your day-to-day work.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- A good budget to customize your workstation
- Flexible work hours and we’re sympathetic to LA traffic.
- A fun, relaxed work environment
- Flexible vacation time
- Company-paid lunches on Wednesday / Friday.
- Company-paid dinners nightly if you decide to work beyond “normal” hours.
To apply: Send your resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
218 total views, 1 today