Location: Palo Alto, CA
Suitable Technologies is a Bay Area startup working to create an innovative new product for something called “remote presence.” (Another common term is “robotic telepresence.”) Our first product, in development now, is similar to video chat on a computer you can drive around. Unlike videoconferencing, you’re not stuck to a wall or desk. It becomes your physical presence, anywhere in the world, with the freedom to move and interact with people as if you were there.
Our technology has already been seen by millions of people, and we think the potential impact is substantial. The company has funding and is growing quickly.
About this Position
We’re looking for a multi-talented engineer to help us design, build, and refine the user interfaces for interacting with our robots. The UI is built using current HTML5/CSS3 techniques (embedded), so we think this could be a unique opportunity for someone with experience in web or mobile development to work on something a little different.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with designers and product managers to develop effective user interfaces
- Prototype experimental concepts and features
- Maintain a customer-centered UI focus
- Establish design patterns and software frameworks for UI development throughout the company
Skills / Job Requirements
- Project experience that shows an aptitude for UI engineering and product design
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent)
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Ability to get things done quickly and of high quality
- Willingness to take on new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems
- Working knowledge of C++, Python or Ruby is a plus
We’re still building out our core team, so there’s a lot to do. Please get in touch if you’d like to know more!
To apply: Please send a resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
300 total views, 1 today