Location: Honolulu, HI
Superb Internet Corp. is one of the world’s best known and most acclaimed web hosting companies, being awarded more awards over the last 16 years (1996-2011) than any other company in this business. We provide a full range of hosting services, from shared hosting and domains through VPS and up to complex clustered, geographically dispersed dedicated and managed solutions.
We are currently seeking a PHP Developer that will play an important role in maintaining current applications and developing exciting new applications to grow our business. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and technical expertise. You will be someone who has a computer science background or considerable industry experience. You are expected to be independent, an effective team player, have the ability to multi-task, possess excellent client interaction skills, be detail oriented, assertive, and a tenacious problem solver.
– Collaborate and work with a team of 3-4 developers and 1-2 systems administrators;
– Build new services for hosting automation, clustering, and other solutions as well as enhancements to existing, legacy applications with minimal supervision;
– Test, QA, and release coordination of company-wide builds affecting thousands of customers;
– Collaborate with the team leaders, other discipline Directors, vendors, contractors and clients to make sure development activity is meeting company objectives;
– Design and maintain the internal systems and hardware required for the in-house development team;
– Lead projects, do design, architecture, implementation, and support of both shared and dedicated hosting services like web, email, DNS, and monitoring.
Skills / Qualifications
– Outstanding PHP and MySQL programming skills are a must;
– Proven experience in a fast-paced, team-development environment is critical;
– Additional expertise with technologies like jQuery, CSS, etc. is preferable;
– Considerable real-world experience working within a LAMP development environment;
– Commitment to good development practices and methodologies.
This is a full time position with full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), sec. 125, sec. 132). Applicant must be able to relocate at his/her own expense and work in Honolulu, Hawaii full time.
Superb offers a flexible work environment, with numerous career advancement and professional growth paths and options available, with competitive wages, a strong performance-based bonus system, and other items such as strong company contributions to its staff 401(k) plan. Initiative and outstanding contribution are encouraged and rewarded.
To apply: To apply, forward a cover letter, complete resume, detailed list of technical skills and experience in each, salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
273 total views, 1 today