SurveyMonkey: Front End Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, Ca
Survey Monkey is the leading provider of self-service, online survey technology that enables millions of people to leverage real-time information to make better decisions. We provide subscription-based solutions that enable people to quickly and easily create surveys, collect responses and analyze survey results. Since our inception in 1999, over two million users have registered with SurveyMonkey, creating over six million surveys and generating over 200 million completed responses. Surveymonkey.com attracts nearly eight million unique visitors per month, and users include over 80% of Fortune 100 companies as well as educational institutions, non-profit organizations and individuals.
SurveyMonkey is seeking a front-end software developer with a strong understanding of web technologies and an excellent sense of graphic design, layout and style to build high performance front-end UI components that engage and delight our users.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers and visual designers to build our next generation of survey tools used by millions of people around the globe. You’ll leverage your skills and passion for simple, elegant interfaces to design, structure, implement and integrate innovative front-end UI components that distinguish and differentiate the SurveyMonkey user experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a solid understanding of user-center design principles, strong HTML abilities, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in doing web design with great attention to detail. You will be responsible for applying CSS/XHTML, AJAX, and Web 2.0 techniques to an array of SurveyMonkey’s products.
- Develop functional prototypes from wireframes and mockups, and create proper documentation
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders and software engineers to refine and improve the user experience
- Work closely with a team of engineers in an agile development environment to create full, working, enterprise-scale web service applications
- Partner with peers in software engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to world class products and services
- Follow industry trends with regard to front-end technologies and techniques
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web application interfaces
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Strong ability to take mockups and create high-performance web pages that meet design and technical specifications
- In-depth understanding of common web application UI issues and challenges, web UI best practices and emerging trends and technologies
- A passion for debugging and code optimization
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache) and familiarity with Windows/Unix/Linux
- Strong knowledge and experience with custom application development and agile SDLC
- Great organizational skills, and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
- Logical team-player, with excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects under a tight schedule
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
155 total views, 1 today