Location: Buffalo, NY
Synacor is a dynamic, fun and exciting company. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Flexible work hours accommodate employees with special scheduling needs, early risers and those who need a little caffeinated kick-start each morning. Synacor’s headquarters are located along Buffalo’s waterfront and the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to stretch your legs is as easy as walking the 1,000 feet or so to the water. Working from our beautiful lakefront gazebo, makes it easy to spend a little time outside while still being productive. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
The Manager of Quality Engineering is a hands-on role responsible for performing all SQA activities on multiple concurrent projects and participates in the entire Project Life Cycle (Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Release, and Maintenance). This position is responsible for ensuring continued development of the team’s approach to continuous quality improvement through process improvement, creating test plans, documenting test results, and overseeing bug reporting and resolution working closely with Client Operations, Release Management and the various product teams. The Manager of Quality Engineering must be a thought leader in the field who can drive the underlying principles of quality engineering in the company and can affect change at the deepest levels to improve client satisfaction and overall quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead a team of 7-8 quality engineering resources
· Participate in designing and building test automation to provide effective and efficient test execution
· Work closely with developers, business stakeholders and the client and act as an integral part of the software development and support team
· Create Test Strategies and Test Plans.
· Develop test cases, test procedures; and create test data sets. Use automation and other testing tools, as appropriate.
· Act as a strong representative of the quality engineering team and the company
· Perform the various types of testing using both black and white-box testing techniques including design verification, integration and functional testing
· Execute on Quality attribute testing (e.g.; Usability, Security, Scalability, Performance, Compatibility, etc.)
· Assist with User Acceptance Testing as needed, with business partners
· Identify, research, report, track and verify software defects proactively and comprehensively.
· Participate in root-cause analysis of defects and work to eliminate patterns of issues
· Manage the test environment including controlling builds into the environment.
· Proven ability to multitask, manage concurrent projects and work under pressure with minimal supervision in a team environment.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
· 4-6 years of software quality engineering experience with multiple years testing Web 2.0 applications and services.
· At least 2 years of proven experience designing and developing automated test frameworks and scripts using any of WebAii, Selenium, Quick Test Pro, WinRunner, or LoadRunner at an expert level
· BS in Computer Science at a minimum or equivalent experience. Ph.D or MSc in Computer Science are a plus.
· Programming skills in at least one of the following languages: .Net, C++, Java, Perl or PHP
· Has a high degree of technical understanding and is able to follow and participate in technical discussions.
· Strong knowledge of Internet browsers differences (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Chrome, Opera)
· Additional Assets
o Familiarity with working in a LAMP environment
o Experience with JQuery
o Experience with Selenium
o Strong scripting skills (awk, sed, perl, shell) are an asset.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- The opportunity to make a difference!
To apply: To apply please apply to http://www.synacor.com/jobs
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
142 total views, 1 today