Synacor: Release Engineering Tools Administrator
Location: Buffalo, NY
or other language used for building web based applications. Working
independently, this Developer will perform: Front End / GUI Development,
enhancement and maintenance of existing software modules, custom
programming for clients and various data manipulation tasks.
Assisting in the selection of open source frameworks, UI libraries, and
other existing solutions in the creation of novel, web-based dashboard
- Conversion of design documents into HTML interfaces.
- Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
- Writing technical and non-technical specifications and the documentation of procedures.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
A minimum of 2-5 years development experience in software or website
development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven
(including libraries such as JQuery and/or EXT_JS or Sencha)
In-depth knowledge and experience programming in a LAMP environment
using PHP (preferred), and/or Perl, Ruby or other languages.
- Experience with MySQL or equivalent.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux use, scripting and tools.
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP and AJAX highly desirable.
- Familiarity with revision control software, especially git
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate.
This person must possess the ability to effectively communicate with
developers, Quality Assurance, DBA, infrastructure and management
- Must be self-motivated, eager to learn and willing to take direction.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives.
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture with growth opportunities
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t
stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and
t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is
an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces.
Our leadership team understands that the best results come from
collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do
what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary
customer service. Synacor’s headquarters is located along Buffalo’s
waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the
serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water.
We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not
enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND
dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential
and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the
largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and
online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers
worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given
the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
To apply: To apply, please visit our website:
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
380 total views, 1 today