## Front-end Developer/Designer
# We’re seeking a talented developer to help us build brilliant data visualizations.
Poll Everywhere is the largest text message voting and visualization app in the world. Millions of people have texted, tweeted, or otherwise submitted votes and messages to people running our live screens.
You will be responsible for designing and maintaining our core data visuals. Your real-time dataviz work will be on prime time TV, used at TED, on stage with CEOs that are household names, behind rock stars in concert, on Times Square billboards, and in thousands of PowerPoint slides every day.
Usability is not an afterthought. If the user can’t figure it out, it is a bug.
You should be interested in learning or sharpening your HTML5 while you work for us. You have impeccable design sense, and you carefully consider the viewpoints of Tufte, Wroblewski, and Moggridge.
Technical experience should include:
– Previous visualization projects that you can show us
– Proof that you like Test Driven Development
– Ability to use REST APIs
– HTML and CSS mastery
…and at least one of the following:
– HTML5 graphics
– Flex, ActionScript 3
Rails expertise is a plus.
# Tell us more about
– Previous visualizations you’ve built (screenshots are good, URLs are awesome)
– Experience with OSS and/or side projects
– Involvement in the developer community through meetups, projects, essays, etc
– Fun, interesting, or crazy programming languages you’ve played around with
– Art, music, and literature, or things that fascinate you
# We don’t care about
– Every technology you’ve used since you touched a keyboard (like DOA web services and HP Basic)
– Verbose resumes (shorter is better)
We don’t really care about your education. Anybody can get a college degree. What we care about is your ability to communicate, get stuff done, and work with a team. If you feel your education helps communicate those traits, tell us about it.
We have a physical presence in San Francisco and a satellite office in Chicago, but will consider remote collaboration. Don’t be afraid to get on an airplane once in a while.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
$70K – $120K salary, determined by perceived talent
Stock options negotiable
Health and 401K benefits available
# Application Process
Keep applications brief; we want small resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to defend any laundry lists of skills. Short but super-personalized cover letters are welcome.
To apply: Please visit http://www.polleverywhere.com/jobs
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs