Location: Watertown, MA
Reporting to the Director of New Media, the Web Developer will contribute to the rapidly growing family of NESN web sites by developing and maintaining websites for NESN.com and building technical solutions for the web. This position works as an integral part of the New Media team with primary responsibility to manage the technical aspects of NESN’s web properties. The regular hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 4PM to 12AM, with flexibility to work outside of these hours as needed e.g. on weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with maintenance of the current NESN web site
• Assist with maintenance of NESN.com’s ad management platform
• Work closely and partner with the New Media team members and Sales department to build sellable web properties; design and develop
functional and technical specifications and implement solutions to address customer needs
• Help build solutions for other NESN web-related technologies like NESN.com’s search functionality or mobile applications
• Apply project planning/management methods to ensure the timely delivery of projects; utilize BaseCamp to track and manage projects
• Successfully complete other related projects or tasks as needed
• BS in Computer Science or, a related degree will be considered if coupled with a minimum of 2 years experience coding and developing dynamic sites
• Familiarity with PHP and MySQL
• Experience working with Content Management Systems, including WordPress; comfortable working with WordPress from child themes to multisite and everything in between.
• Experience with web security, specifically with PHP websites
• A healthy knowledge of best practices with regard to code development, web standards for front-end technologies, and an understanding of PHP framework standards for back-end code tidiness
• Experience working with code versioning software, such as Subversion
• Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organization skills and a proven track record in multitasking effectively
• Knowledge of New England sports, and sports in general
• Strong work ethic, reliable and professional
• Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work Monday – Friday, 4PM to 12AM, with flexibility to work outside of these hours as needed e.g. on weekends.
To apply: TO APPLY: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=566114
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs