Democracy Engine, LLC, is searching for a seasoned Rails developer to bring solid production experience to maintain and continue developing our political and nonprofit fundraising application.
We provide innovative API and hosted-page solutions for online fundraising in the political and nonprofit space.
- have solid general rails and ruby skills
- would be comfortable working with a large, multi-server application
- have some experience writing and performance tuning SQL
- are familiar with building and accessing APIs in rails using JSON/xml/etc
- like test oriented development (you drank the kool-aid, but you aren’t sacrificing bunnies on the altar)
- enjoy finding elegant solutions to problems
- don’t like to deal with outages or drama, and work to avoid them
If you have worked with credit card processing or bank transfers, or in the political/nonprofit space, that would be cool, but is not required.
We are flexible as to position structure and, depending on the candidate, are open to time commitments ranging from half to full time and can structure the position as both consulting (1099 hourly) and employement. We are looking for a long term relationship and equity will be part of the compensation package. This is a telecommute position with a minimum one year commitment.
We’ve built a software platform that allows political groups and nonprofits to easily fundraise for single or multiple recipients, and an API to open that functionality to web services providers in the political and nonprofit sphere. The application was built from the start to be highly flexible and scalable and support many use cases.
We use a pretty standard set of tools, such as HTTParty, formtastic, MySQL, apache/passenger, jQuery, ActiveMerchant, and ActiveScaffold.
Ideally, we’d like a programmer who could get up to speed on the application and then split time between ongoing maintenance/client support and continued feature development. The platform is quite robust and stable and incorporates all major features we expected to offer at this stage. Specific responsibilities will include:
- maintain existing codebase’s implementation of hosted donation pages, including page creation, management, and reporting
- maintain existing donation processing API
- setup new API clients and maintain/distribute documentation for the API
- maintain production and staging developments for internal and client use
- maintain a high level of security across all systems
- architect and implement new features for processing API and hosted donation sites
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Search opens August 25. Interviews begin immediately. Application open until position is filled.
Anticipated first day: October 1.
Democracy Engine is dedicated to promoting diversity in all areas of operations, and as such, applications are encouraged from persons of all backgrounds.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter (including your compensation requirements and ideal structure for the position), resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls, please).
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs