Location: San Francisco Bay Area
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a direct and meaningful impact on our inefficient healthcare system, this might be the right role for you.
Lightning Bolt (www.lightning-bolt.com
) is a growing, profitable startup in the San Francisco bay area that makes web-based software for healthcare staff scheduling. Using a blend of cutting edge Artificial Intelligence and Operations Research methodologies, our application is the leading physician scheduling solution on the market and is used to schedule thousands of physicians including some of the largest healthcare systems in the United States.
We’re looking for a lead Rails developer to help design and develop the next generation of our app. You’ll work with a small, talented team to brainstorm, prototype, and implement new ideas. Ideally, you’ve already built awesome web apps on your own that look and work great, you’re self-motivated, and you work well in teams. Some other attributes we like:
– Highly motivated and passionate about your work; you take pride in what you do.
– Quality- and detail-oriented.
– Interested in working in the healthcare space.
– Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where ideas are turned into implementations in a matter of hours/days.
– Excellent communication (oral/written) and problem solving skills.
– Experience with Ruby on Rails, databases (MySQL/SQL Server), and scripting.
What we offer:
– Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and benefits including 401K Plan, Health Insurance, Vision & Dental Plans.
– An excellent working environment that fosters creativity.
– A small team of well-established researchers and software engineers who are always open to new ideas!
– Flexible work hours including the option to work from home twice a week!
– The opportunity to make a real difference by solving some challenging problems in healthcare.
To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining our team.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs