Posts Tagged “Holocaust”
Location: Washington, D.C.
- Facilitate Template development, customization and problem solving in an Expression Engine (EE) based CMS environment.
- Take the lead on defining approach to developing integrated web forms, data query based content publishing and social interaction widgets in an EE CMS environment and within flat HTML microsites.
- Lead mobile proof of concept and application development using a hybrid mobile app approach.
- Identify, develop and document best practices and process standards relevant to UX web development activities in collaboration with the team and UX team lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Computer Sciences, or User Experience Design with 2 – 3 years of experience, or an equivalent of 5 years or more of related work experience.
- Proficient developing custom templates and sites with CMS platforms such as Expression Engine, WordPress or similar PHP based environments.
- Expert level skills in hand-coded, valid W3C XHTML, HTML5 and CSS based layout.
- Programming background in PHP, Ruby on Rails or other open Web application frameworks.
- Experience with Google API’s such as Google Maps and YouTube.
- Experience or knowledge implementing hybrid or full-on IOS or Android mobile applications through SDKs or other mobile development environments.
- MySQL and MS SQL Server knowledge and experience integrating database queries and forms into website pages.
- In depth knowledge to successfully deploy web UX applications and code that is cross browser compatible.
- Proficient in ensuring all code supports a Section 508 accessible UI following best practices and checklists such as those promoted by WebAIM.
- Interest and ability to learn and implement new technologies and programming approaches.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proven organization, communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with core UX programming concepts and practices.
- Experience or knowledge customizing JanRain social login configurations and CRM integration.
- Experience or knowledge in developing HTML5 based responsive design solutions that scale from desktop to mobile user experiences.
- Experience with Facebook Connect, Facebook Social Plug-ins, FBML and widget API’s and development.
- A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.
- All new hires must agree to direct deposit of their salary checks.
- Employees will have up to two (2) pay periods from the date they enter on duty to arrange for their direct deposit transaction.
To apply: The U.S Holocaust Memorial Museum is an EEO employer. This job is not a Federal Position and is located in the Museum’s Washington D.C. offices. Relocation is NOT available for this position.
Please submit 3-5 example URLs or applications demonstr
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs