Location: Chicago, IL
Software Engineer, HomeFinder.com
HomeFinder.com is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking for an engineer who has a passion for solving complex and interesting problems and thrives in a high-energy team that implements slick applications and ensures our infrastructure will perform well under heavy demand. You will join a small, but efficient, team that has lots of support (aka – you actually get to spend your time coding and developing applications), and works collaboratively to build technology that has a direct impact on our business and our customers. You love to build new things, and will embrace our 3 day prototyping/hackathons in which you can spend time learning new technologies and implementing them.
1. Write both server-side and client-side code for high-volume web-based applications.
2. Optimize application performance to ensure a rich user experience.
3. Build our infrastructure to extend beyond traditional web applications.
4. Innovate by developing prototypes three days per month to explore various technologies that could improve our applications or create a richer user experience.
5. Work closely with our business team to understand our customers’ needs and collaboratively define application functionality accordingly.
6. Implement automated unit tests to find application defects and prevent regression.
7. Support and develop teammates by providing advice and guidance.
1. BS, or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
2. Enjoy working in a agile, high-energy, small team, including pair programming and peer reviews.
3. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
4. Server-side development: Adherence to Object Oriented Design patterns
6. Linux/Mac based development
7. Desire to continue learning new technologies and finding ways to improve everything
1. Experience developing or using RESTful APIs
2. Adherence to web standards (XHTML, HTML5, CSS, etc.)
3. Experience with PHP5, Java, Python, or Objective-C
4. Solr and/or MongoDB experience
5. nginx, server-side scripting (bash)
6. iOS or Android development experience
7. Open source project involvement
Why work at HomeFinder.com?
HomeFinder.com is one of the fastest growing real estate search sites in the country. We specialize in providing best in class search experiences, while delivering powerful advertising solutions to those in the real estate industry. We are an entrepreneurial and results – focused company where you will work with incredibly talented people in a casual and friendly environment. As a member of the team at HomeFinder.com, you will also take advantage of our casual dress code and close proximity to El and Metra stops.
To apply: http://hostedjobs.openhire.com/epostings/jobs/submit.cfm?fuseaction=dspjob&company_id=15937&version=1&jobid=217510&jobboardid=632
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs