Posts Tagged “HomeRun.com”
Location: San Francisco, CA (remote ok)
- Designing and building core platform components such as viral invite mechanisms, a deal optimization engine, card-linked offer infrastructure, and more.
- Distilling down extremely complex ecosystems to create simple, elegant solutions.
- Developing new features for our framework leveraging multiple front-end rails apps that communicate via restful APIs to our back-end servers (Sequel/Redis/Riak-backed).
- Optimizing and advancing the consumer experience and feature set on HomeRun.com and the offer programs of many of our other large scale channel partners.
- Writing, pushing, reviewing, testing, and deploying new code on a daily basis.
- Architecting web, mobile, and API services for extreme scale, performance, availability.
- Making high level platform decisions that allow for flexible and reusable code.
- Having the flexibility to change gears quickly, adapt rapidly, and perform under pressure.
- You’ll learn from thought leaders in: e-commerce, viral engineering, data analytics, game mechanics, mobile, cloud-based scaling, databases, and more (all under one roof).
- Your colleagues will be top-tier product and engineering talent who’ve had backgrounds at Twitter, Bebo, Slide, VMWare, EngineYard, Y-Combinator, and other elite startups.
- From an engineering perspective, you will learn at a vicious pace on today’s leading/bleeding edge technologies like Rails3, Riak, CoffeeScript, and more.
- Your first day you’ll push code affecting millions of consumers and small businesses.
- You will have fun every single day. Come work with us for a day, in SF or remote, to try us out. We challenge you to find a company more intense and more fun. It’s not possible.
- You love learning and pick things up fast. If you don’t know something, you’ll ask a few questions and self-teach. In doing so, your communication is concise but productive.
- You have experience with web development, software design patterns, and can write readable, maintainable code. Having coded and deployed at scale is a big plus.
- You take pride in your work and deeply care about the resulting experience. Millions of consumers and merchants around the globe will use and rely on your product.
- Ruby, Rails3
- Redis, Riak, MySQL
- Unicorn, NGINX
- Rest APIs, Async Processing (Resque)
- Cucmber, RSpec2
- Graphite, Protovis
- Git, Jenkins
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Flexible hours so you can be your most productive
- Convenient office locations 2 blocks from Market St. in San Francisco
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision plan options
- Plenty of drinks, snacks, and Red Bull to keep you going
- Spontaneous StarCraft 2 matches (and yes, we’re pretty good)
To apply: Interested applications should provide a link to their GitHub account or send a code sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no recruiting agencies.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs