Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Jasper Wireless is a software startup focused on the emerging machine-to-machine (M2M) market, also called the Internet of Things. Wireless is no longer just about mobile phones, but about entirely new categories of connected devices such as eReaders, tablets, automotive infotainment and smart grids – this is what M2M is about. M2M has been noted by dozens of wireless industry leaders as a major growth opportunity for mobile network operators worldwide. At Jasper, we have capitalized on this opportunity by creating a SaaS platform that makes it easy to develop, manage, and run millions of connected devices globally.
Today, Jasper’s Connected Devices Platform has been chosen by the world’s leading mobile carriers including AT&T (USA), KPN (Europe), VimpelCom (Asia), SingTel (Asia), Rogers (Canada), Telstra (Australia), and many others. Millions of devices all over the world rely on us to deliver mission-critical services.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer joining our small engineering team you will have full ownership of key product features and will be responsible for the full end-to-end lifecycle, from initial design, development, testing and to deployment.
· You must be a self-starter.
· You must be able to both use existing solutions (whether open-source or otherwise) to solve a problem, as well as to roll out your own custom solution, and know when to choose which.
· You must be comfortable with SQL and NoSQL, and know how to choose what solution best fits the problem at hand.
· You must be capable of, and willing to, ask tough questions when reviewing other engineers’ design and/or implementation, defend your choices when they similarly question your decisions, and during this process, be able to disagree without being disagreeable.
Detailed Job Requirements:
· Excellent knowledge of server-side technologies (Java, SQL databases, Web Services)
· Experience with open source infrastructure software (e.g. Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, ExtJS, Lucene, Memcache)
· Interpersonal skills: Effective in working with strong technical teams.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
To apply: Please send resumes to email@example.com.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs