Location: San Francisco, CA
WestEd – Voted Best Places to Work
Position Title: Interactive Application Developer (Temp to Perm)
Reports to: Technical Lead
Department: Information Services
Salary: Level G – $68,480 – $85,600
Location: San Francisco, CA
Time Base: Full-Time (100% FTE)
Position No: 3535
WestEd, a nonprofit research, development, and service agency, works with education and other communities to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. While WestEd serves the states of Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah as one of the nation’s Regional Educational Laboratories, our agency’s work extends throughout the United States and abroad. WestEd has 17 offices nationwide, from Washington and Boston to Arizona, Southern California, and its headquarters in San Francisco.
Looking to escape the mindless ad-based, trend-driven, flavor-of-the-week startup scene and make a real difference? WestEd, an education-oriented not-for-profit, is looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer to help improve education in California and across the country.
WestEd has been consistently ranked in the top 100 places to work in the Bay Area, offering a relaxed working environment that is fully compatible with outside interests, activities, and family needs. We provide an indisputably generous benefits package and a great working environment that allows you to collaborate with experts and thought-leaders in all aspects of the educational field, both inside and outside of the organization. And you can go to bed at night knowing that the work you do helps improve children’s lives.
WestEd is a respected leader in the Education sector with an impact that ranges from schools to state departments of education to the federal government. WestEd Interactive, the organization’s technology group, has supported many internal and external projects in the last few years, and is one of the country’s largest not-for-profit development teams in the educational industry. We work in a fast-moving, evolving environment.
WestEd Interactive is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to help design and build a variety of interactive web applications for schools, districts, states and the federal government. We work as a close-knit team to quickly build applications that have immediate and significant value to their users and to the larger education community.
* Knowledge of the Ruby language, object-oriented programming.
* Significant experience designing, developing, and deploying Ruby on Rails applications.
* Database design and SQL experience (MySQL and PostgreSQL directly applicable).
* Unix command-line and basic systems administration experience.
* Experience working in a team environment; friendly, outgoing manner.
* Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Able to work in our downtown San Francisco office.
* Experience designing and implementing mixed technology stacks
* Experience with the Varnish caching server and ESI
* Experience with major noSQL databases–MongoDB/Riak/Redis
* CoffeeScript and Backbone experience
* Background with educators, researchers, and the larger education community
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Positions are open until filled.
- All health benefits effective day one of employment
- 15% contribution toward retirement effective day one of employment
- 20 vacation days, 10 holidays, 2 personal days
- 12 days sick leave per year
To apply: Apply Online at: http://www.wested.org/cs/we/view/hr_pos/3535
View full post on Recent Design Jobs