Tapulous: Lead Web Frontend Games Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
* Tapulous, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Disney, is the #1 developer of iPhone games. We are a profitable ~40 person team in downtown Palo Alto, CA, and growing fast.
* We have over 35 million users and have been #1 on the App Store 5 times over, with Tap Tap Revenge 3 at #1 for 20 straight days.
* In February of 2010 we debuted Riddim Ribbon, a ground-breaking music racing game co-produced with will.i.am. Riddim Ribbon became the #1 grossing app on the App Store within 3 days after launch.
* Mobile apps are the next frontier. Contact us if youd like to join the market leader.
About the Job: We need a leader for the team that is building and maintaining a new crop of mobile game interfaces, which are increasingly being developed using modern web technologies like HTML5 and CSS3. If your recent passion has been for these technologies, and the advances they bring to web interfaces presentation layer, support for media, offline behavior, local storage, etc., this is the job for you. We believe building our iPhone game user interfaces using web technologies gives us a compelling competitive edge: we can update these interfaces as easily as one updates a website, and the code is inherently cross-platform to a degree that native iPhone SDK code is not. Responsibilities:
* Turn our use of these technologies into a reusable framework. Our ability to rapidly create and iterate upon web-based game interfaces is an important piece of our overall platform strategy, that supports all of Tapulous and Disney Mobiles development. Youre not just going to build one game; youre going to figure out how to support development like this, for dozens of titles every year, by engineers working here and abroad.
* Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers and producers to define, design and ship new features and new games.
* Innovate using cutting edge technologies to deliver snappy, efficient, and beautiful mobile entertainment experiences to end-users.
* Prior professional leadership experience, be it as an engineering team lead or engineering manager.
* 5+ years working with web technologies, developing consumer-facing products and sites.
* Significant experience coding in the context of a modern web framework (like Ruby on Rails, Zend, CakePHP, Django, etc.).
* Passion for making user interfaces that look and work great.
* Enjoy experimenting with new technologies because its in your nature, not because its a job requirement.
Nice to Have:
* WebKit experience.
* Mobile experience.
* PHP expertise.
* Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters).
How to Apply:
* Play Tap Tap Revenge and other Tapulous games. We will talk to you about the experience as part of the interview process.
* Write a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Please discuss why this job sounds right for you.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/_IAv
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
261 total views, 1 today