Tapulous: Web Frontend Games Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Disney Mobile, a division of the Disney Interactive Media Group, is a leading mobile gaming and entertainment network, reaching more than one out of every 3 iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. Disney branded apps, including platinum titles Disney Fairies Fly, Jelly Car 2 and Toy Story 3, bring the magic of Disney stories and characters to life in new ways on mobile devices. Disney Mobiles Palo Alto based Tapulous studio creates top-selling music and social apps including Tap Tap Revenge, which is one of the most successful gaming franchises on the iPhone platform.
* Build and maintain elegant HTML5/CSS3 interfaces for big-name iPhone games.
* Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers and producers to define, design and ship new features.
* Innovate using cutting edge technologies to deliver snappy, efficient, and beautiful mobile experiences to end-users.
* Significant experience developing within the context of a modern web framework (like Ruby on Rails, Zend, CakePHP, Django, etc.).
* Passion for making user interfaces that look and work great.
* Enjoy experimenting with new technologies because its in your nature, not because its a job requirement.
NICE TO HAVE
* Mobile experience.
* PHP expertise.
* Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters).
HOW TO APPLY
* Play Tap Tap Revenge. No seriously, please play before you apply. We will talk to you about the experience as part of the interview process.
* Write a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
* Tapulous, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Disney, is the #1 developer of iPhone games.
* We have over 35 million users and have been #1 on the App Store 5 times over, with Tap Tap Revenge 3 at #1 for 20 straight days.
* In February of 2010 we debuted Riddim Ribbon, a ground-breaking music racing game co-produced with will.i.am. Riddim Ribbon became the #1 grossing app on the App Store within 3 days after launch.
* Mobile apps are the next frontier. Contact us if youd like to join the market leader.
Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG) is a segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) responsible for the creation and delivery of Disney branded interactive entertainment and informational content across multiple platforms including online, mobile and video game consoles around the globe. DIMG core businesses include Disney Interactive Studios, which self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games, mobile games and interactive entertainment worldwide; and Disney Online, which produces the No. 1 Community-Family&Parenting Web site and an industry-leading suite of online virtual worlds for kids and families.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/7dUT
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
214 total views, 1 today