Location: Boston, MA
Tasted Menu is an angel-backed, stealth-mode start-up based in Boston that’s building an ambitious new consumer web and mobile offering in the online food space.
Our team includes a media veteran and Harvard Business School alumnus as Founder and CEO, a recent graduate of the Masters program in Food Anthropology at the University of London as Founding Market Manager, and a lineup of 30 undergrads culled from the culinary societies of top schools around Boston. The company’s technical Advisor, a computer science alumnus from MIT, is the CTO of one of the largest social web start-ups in Boston.
Our investor group is comprised of prominent angels, including the founders of notably successful start-ups, from both coasts.
We’ve been working with Thoughtbot, a nationally-regarded web application development and design firm specializing in Ruby on Rails. With the private alpha version of our website in place, we’re now looking to bring a full-time development and design team on board in preparation for the next phase of our growth. We’re seeking a Lead Developer as the founding and senior member of this development team. Our ideal candidate should have:
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines.
- A proven background of web application development and production deployment.
- Deep, hands-on experience with modern web frameworks and the ability to leverage them to build our data-intensive, content-rich, algorithm-driven social recommendation platform.
- Production-level experience in deploying, monitoring, and developing against modern open-source relational databases.
- A passion for food and restaurants are by no means requirements but are notable positives. We’re not your typical ramen noodle start-up. (Unless they’re really good ramen noodles.)
Candidates should be prepared to join full-time by late winter 2011. Our team is based in Boston. As such, interested candidates must be local or prepared to relocate, and must be authorized to work in the United States.
As a full-time employee, the Lead Developer will receive compensation commensurate with early stage start-ups, including meaningful equity participation, competitive cash compensation, and health benefits.
To apply: Please submit your résumé and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
173 total views, 1 today