Location: New York, NY
We seek a Director of Digital Design to lead all aspects of design for our flagship website, TeachForAmerica.org, and for other digital marketing initiatives. Our Director of Digital Design will report to the Managing Director of Digital Initiatives and will work closely with members of the Marketing+Communication team’s digital, creative, and account subteams.
Our Director of Digital Design must have proven digital design experience across a variety of platforms, including desktop, tablet, and mobile. In addition to digital design skills, the you should have extremely strong leadership and communication skills, with a track record of training other designers and working collaboratively across teams. Lastly, you must have a deep understanding of the creative landscape, a passion for the web, and a fluent grounding in emerging digital trends and technologies.
The Marketing team strategically partners with our colleagues to help Teach For America meet its organizational and team-specific goals by:
- Developing and sharing actionable insights about our various target audiences;
- Delivering high-quality, innovative, multi-channel marketing solutions that represent the essence of our brand;
- Driving awareness and intent to act among prospects, parents and potential donors; and
- Empowering staff, corps members, alumni and allies to be effective stewards of the Teach For America brand and help foster their advocacy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading all aspects of design for TeachForAmerica.org
- Creating everyday design deliverables in Photoshop and Illustrator for TeachForAmerica.org
- Developing design strategies and solutions for Teach For America’s digital marketing materials
- Serving as a core member of the Teach For America web team
- Collaborating with marketing and communications team peers on various subteams
- Presenting design concepts to peers and clients across the organization
- Applying current design best practices to Teach For America’s evolving brand identity
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in design or interactive communications
- At least 5 years of professional digital design experience, either agency or in-house
- A strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered digital design work for desktop and mobile
- Fluent command of Adobe Photoshop CS5+ and Illustrator CS5+
- Experience leading design reviews and managing feedback
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Deep knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 best practices and web standards
Additional things we’d like to see:
- Expertise in typography and web fonts (TypeKit, etc)
- Familiarity with Drupal or other CMSes
- Strong grounding in interaction design fundamentals and best practices
- Strong illustration skills (for icon and other illustration-related design)
Application Requirements and Process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this position. Also include 3-4 relevant examples, or link to an online portfolio, of your own creative work.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
About Teach For America
Teach For America is the national corps of top college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting the nation’s most promising future leaders in the effort.
To apply: http://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=11424
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
261 total views, 1 today