TeachStreet: Ruby Web Application Developer
Location: Seattle, WA
- Start with ideas, collaborate to define requirements and specifications, architect technical solutions, then rapidly prototype, build, test, launch and measure the effectiveness of services/solutions.
- Participate in the testing and QA function for all aspects of the TeachStreet product, including design and code reviews.
- Test variations on ideas; constantly iterate based on customer research and feedback.
- Work hard and smart to make TeachStreet a one-of-a-kind experience – one day you may be writing code, and the next you may be actively participating in business development, marketing, and financial meetings.
- Actively contribute as a critical member of an energized start-up team.
- Extreme comfort with Linux/Unix as both an operational and development platform.
- 3+ years experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- 3+ years experience developing software for the web and Internet.
- Familiarity with common web frameworks, design patterns, and UX best practices.
- Proven experience working with non-engineers in the process of product development.
- Familiarity with: Ruby, Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Sphinx, MongoDB, Jquery, SASS, git.
- Positive, just-do-it attitude! Pessimists and complainers need not apply.
- Previous startup experience is a big plus.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
To apply: Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
* Github profile URL (if you have one)
* LinkedIn profile URL (if you have one) and/or resume
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
316 total views, 1 today