Location: Toronto, Ontario
We have openings for seriously talented and experienced designers who love doing what they do. The ideal candidates are able to turn strategic goals into coherent design direction and oversee projects from kick-off to launch. Here’s what we’re looking for in a bit more detail.
- A Bitchin’ digital portfolio.
We want to see
- Strong concept development and graphic design ability
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of composition, color, imagery, typography
- Ability to explain and defend your design decisions
You should have
- Experience presenting your work to others, including clients
- 5+ years experience in the digital channel
- Strong working experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience creating and working with copywriters, designers, architects and developers
- Excellent understanding of user experience issues
- Experience providing art direction to others
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and work within deadlines
- Team oriented, self-motivated
It’d be great if you had
- Familiarity with CSS and HTML – no need to execute, but knowing how to implement design in real code is a bonus
- Experience designing outside of the browser
What’s different about working at Teehan+Lax
We focus exclusively on front end user experience design for the digital channel. There are no technical build teams, no offline divisions. Everyone you’ll be working with desires to create best in breed online user experiences. In fact, 90% of the staff here hold creative positions. That means no Account Managers, no Managing Directors, no Business Analysts. We maintain very little hierarchy. There are two roles at Teehan+Lax: Partners and Associates. The people with the right skills are put on the right projects. We’re small and nimble. There are no pitch teams, no “B” teams. All of our staff work directly with our clients, so if a client has a question that relates to IA they’ll speak to the Associate or Partner who worked on it – not an account manager.
If you’re talented, smart, hard-working and dedicated, we’ll enable you to do the best work of your career. Photoshop hacks
need not apply.
- Include a link to your digital portfolio (this is key!).
- Have references available upon request.
Suitable candidates will be contacted promptly. No phone calls thanks.
To apply: Send us a resume and portfolio of your work to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
224 total views, 1 today