Location: SF Bay Area
Director of Web Technology
Work for an award-winning game developer and publisher!
Are you talented and ambitious and would enjoy collaborating with an accomplished CEO, CTO and Executive team in the design and implementation of a top e-commerce website with an initial expectation of 10 million users? If you have PHP expertise at the e-commerce level, we would like to talk to you.
Telltale Games has an immediate opening for a Director of Web Technology and PHP web architect rock star. We’re looking for someone with a fresh perspective to drive the direction of our new online presence toward a world-class ecommerce and content site, and help place us firmly above our competition in the marketplace (such as Steam, Big Fish Games and the PSN Store).
Reporting to the CTO, you’ll be responsible for building and leading Telltale Games’ entire codebase of web-related e-commerce applications including the architecture, design, coding and maintenance and database applications, as well as the implementation and automation of back-end systems.
TelltaleGames.com is positioned to deliver a premier destination site coupled with a second-to-none ecommerce distribution channel – and we need your technical guidance to help get us there. Our website is your technical palette – if you can make it bigger, better, faster, we want you.
· Focus on server-side engineering and architecture while interfacing with front-end design teams to create Telltale Games’ sites.
· Build web services and applications for the account management, commerce, game device connectivity and community elements of Telltale’s online games.
· Develop high performance, secure and scalable web applications and API’s that can support the demands of a AAA game launch.
· Work collaboratively on a tactical and strategic level and have a passion for writing clean and maintainable code.
· Team leadership and experience managing technical developers to produce quality code within defined timelines.
· Anticipate the need for technology changes and establish technical and quality standards.
· Strong history of getting things done in a timely and practical manner with the skills, passion, intelligence and leadership necessary to makes things happen.
· 5+ years web development experience.
· Strong expertise in PHP.
· Experience with high volume e-commerce sites.
· Solid understanding of scalable server architectures and distributed systems.
· Good knowledge of concurrency and asynchronous architectures.
· Knowledge of server and network security issues.
· Excellent communication skills and strong leadership experience.
· Experience with RDBMS design and SQL.
· Passion for the web.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
· Knowledge of SOAP and RESTful web services.
· Strong understanding of Linux/UNIX, Apache, and LAMP application servers.
· Experience with developing localized web sites and applications.
About Telltale Games
Telltale is an award-winning independent developer/publisher pioneering landmark episodic content. Founded in 2004 by LucasArts veterans with decades of experience, Telltale is now an industry leader, establishing the model for episodic downloadable games and releasing more than 35 episodic games to date. Telltale’s titles have won numerous awards including numerous “Adventure Game of the Year” accolades from publications such as IGN, PC Gamer, GameSpy, and Adventure Gamers, and has been recognized by mainstream outlets including USA Today, CNN, The New York Times and Variety.
Telltale is continuing to expand its lineup recently announcing new episodic game series based on Back to the Future and Jurassic Park. Telltale also continues to aggressively create cutting edge entertainment through its innovative Pilot program, which has recently produced Puzzle Agent (IGN’s Best iPhone Game of E3), and Poker Night @ The Inventory, a mash-up featuring characters from Team Fortress, Penny-Arcade and Homestarrunner.
Telltale currently develops and publishes digital episodic series such as Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People, and Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures on PC, Mac, PlayStation®3, Wii™, Xbox 360™ and iOS devices.
Telltale is redefining the way the games industry works, and we’re looking for new team members to help us forge the way. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, creative environment where the work you do will make a difference, we’d like to talk to you. We offer competitive salary, benefits and exciting work environment. Please email your resume and cover letter describing why you are the best candidate to Marta Daglow at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
313 total views, 1 today