Ten Mile Square: Software Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
in the Washington, DC metro-area. Our clients include Scripps Networks (Food
TV, HGTV, Travel Channel…), CollegeBoard, venture funded companies and venture
investment firms, and a variety of organizations you have heard of but we can’t
mention. Our specialty – to align the best industry practices in project
management and software development to solve challenging problems for our clients
in the media, finance, and Internet backbone industries.
developer who is passionate about software to join our growing team of best-of-industry
professionals. This position is to
join our development team at a music industry client in downtown Washington,
DC. We are open to filling the position via full-time hire or a contract.
- Work as part of a project team at our client’s
office in downtown DC using agile development processes: Release every two weeks, daily 15 minute stand-ups, automated testing, continuous delivery of functionality to Amazon
- Develop functionality for front-end web applications
- Develop functionality for back-end REST web
services using Java.
- Test all of your code!
- SMART: Able to pick-up new technologies and
- CONSCIENTIOUS: Detail-oriented. Cares about the quality of their work. Documents and tests their code.
- PROACTIVE: Able to identify problems and solve
them without having to be told exactly what to do.
- Three years of Java development experience
- One year of Python development experience
(preferably with Django)
- Solid understanding of Computer Science
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
Benefits of Working for Ten Mile Square
diverse senior technology professionals who have been working together across a
variety of relationships for more than ten years. We have developed an
appreciation for working with exceptional people and recognize that the best
people wish to be recognized for their contributions by people who get it.
technology professionals focused on doing great work for interesting customers.
We are known in the technology, business and venture community for our history
of successes that have helped many companies scale. Our managers do hands-on
client work full time.
exceptional support. We deliver better than market benefits and compensation,
because that’s what we demand ourselves.
- 100% paid medical insurance, including family
medical, with CareFirst BCBS PPO
- 100% paid individual dental, life, short-term
disability plan & long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) company contribution – 3%
- 15 days per year paid time off
- 10 days per year training time set aside
- 7 company holidays
- Quarterly incentive pay based solely on
- Year-end incentive pay based on company and
To apply: Send a resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
218 total views, 1 today