Location: San Marcos, TX
We are looking for a web development lead / software engineer to work with our organization in creating web-based software for various non-profit and state-wide initiatives.
You will have the opportunity to work with a small team to plan and develop software for teachers, students, administrators, police officers and others that assists them in creating safe and healthy learning environments for all schools.
Main office is located on the Texas State University campus at San Marcos which is in the Austin/San Antonio area.
Serve as lead developer in the creation of various web applications and services that serve the following functions:
- Survey data collection and reporting
- Group collaboration
- Event registration and payment processing
- Processing tech support requests and tickets
- Contact information registry
Implement improvement strategies on current in-house data system which serves the following functions:
- Event registration management
- Evaluation collection
- Contact information collection
- Training statistics
Serve in various project management roles including project lead in order to complete projects in a timely manner
Assist with the planning, development, and deployment of multiple statewide web applications
Thoroughly document and organize the development process of all projects
Develop software with a heavy focus on user experience and interface design
- Ability to read and communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Professional experience in design, development and deployment of web applications
- Experience in managing or leading web development projects
- Ability to operate computers in a Microsoft Windows and/or Mac environment.
- Databases: SQL and/or any of the preferred application frameworks
- Experience with version control software such as svn or git
- Operating Systems: OS X, Linux or Windows
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (or related field), or comparable work experience
- Professional training, certifications, or work experience in web application design and/or development
- Understanding of the MVC (Model View Controller) software architecture concept
- Application Frameworks: Rails, Django, CakePHP, Code Igniter
- Methodology: Experience with Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Development
- Database Systems: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, CouchDB
- Operating Systems: Linux (Debian/Fedora), Windows Server 2008
- Web Server: Nginx, Apache, Thin
Additional Information for Applicants:
Employment with Texas State University-San Marcos is contingent upon the outcome of a criminal history background check.
You will be required to electronically attach a resume and cover letter to the application.
You will be required to present examples of your created websites and/or web applications during the interview (a laptop with internet, and LCD projector will be provided).
You are encouraged to describe in detail any experience related to this job’s qualifications on your resume or application to assist with the selection process (multiple-page resumes will be accepted).
Required to occasionally work hours other than 8:00 – 5:00 as necessary, including weekends.
Texas State University-San Marcos will not discriminate against any person (or exclude any person from participating in or receiving the benefits of any of its activities or programs) on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex or disability, or on the basis of sexual orientation.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Texas State University-San Marcos is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University-San Marcos is an EOE.
Department: Texas School Safety Center
Pay Rate: $3,400.00 – $3,500.00
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Open Date: 10-28-2010
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled Job Category: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Normal Work DaysMonday-Friday
Normal Work Hours 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
To apply: Apply Online: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1288632959525
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
548 total views, 1 today