Location: Palo Alto, California
Backplane is building a platform to organically allow large and small communities to grow and thrive. We are starting with a few big partners like Lady Gaga to seed our network and give us an unprecedented advantage and to test features, but will be launching a platform to allow users to start and grow their own communities.
We want Backplane to be the destination on the web where people go to explore interests, affinities and movements.
Lady Gaga is our first community. We are in beta with her community with 115k users. We are working to learn and optimize features that will help the community succeed and grow, but in a year we’ll have thousands of communities. We are laser-focused on building an amazing platform using all the lessons we learn from our beta.
Backplane has raised 4mm from Eric Schmidt, Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Ron Conway and Founders Fund. We are raising another large round the summer.
We are located at 119 University Ave., the first office from the Caltrain in downtown Palo Alto.
We have 8 engineers, 2 designers, a head of product and 4 summer interns from Stanford, Berkeley, Google, Facebook, Zynga, Palantir and Yahoo.
We love to build stuff quickly and iterate. We like to make beautiful products that everyone will someday use.
It’s early. Join us!
The Backend Software Engineer will help design and build the backend for Backplane’s products. The main programming language now is PHP, but we let engineers choose the best tool for the job. We are building a platform for millions of users, which requires highly scalable software that can handle large amounts of data, and we are looking for the best and brightest engineers
- Work closely with designers and front end engineers to implement new features such as feeds and oauth
- Collaborate with system administrators to gain a deep understanding of the architecture in order to write highly scalable software
- Help evolve the backend architecture of the product
- Write software to manipulate and store data for all of the Backplane communities using the latest NoSQL technologies
- Be ready to jump in and fix bugs on production systems
- Work well in a modern software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment), as well as extensive testing
- Have excellent debugging and critical thinking skills, and the ability to find the root cause of problems
- Take pride in writing well maintained, tested, reusable code
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Extensive programming experience in one or more of the following: C++, Java, Python, PHP or similar language
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals, most importantly data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of Object Oriented coding and design
To apply: http://backplane.theresumator.com/apply
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
4837 total views, 1 today