The Home Depot: Web Designer (65495)
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Web Designer executes a variety of design elements for presentation on homedepot.com and various other company digital and collateral assets and materials. Responsibilities include presenting ideas, building comps and delivering high-quality solutions while meeting tight deadlines. The Web Designer is a problem solver, interpreting complex business objectives into easy-to-understand, compelling visual designs using Adobe Creative Suite software and working within an interactive content management system. A strong understanding of website architecture is helpful.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Creates features, pages and digital experiences aligned to The Home Depot brand standards and digital best practices to increase sales and conversion rate.
- Using material gathered from vendors, The Home Depot functional areas, interviews with subject matter experts, etc., creates visual design to adhere to online brand standards and best practices, and ensures accuracy of content, design consistency and correct brand positioning.
- Work closely with internet editors, information architects, content editors, and front-end developers, usability experts and analysts
- Collaborates in the planning, wire frames, mockups, implementation, and maintenance of digital content and design for website and online community
- Ensures all content on homedepot.com and related company sites is accessible, user-friendly, error-free and represents The Home Depot brand properly.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Creative Manager or Creative Supervisor.
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 2
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software with a focus on interactive design
- Demonstrated graphic and visual design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs as well as strong writing abilities.
- Understand W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, in IE, Mozilla and Safari. Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for ecommerce websites
- Highly proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to concept, present and execute. Act as an exemplary representative of the online creative team in its dealings with internal clients and external vendors with the ability to interact comfortably with executives at highest levels of the Company.
- Strong client management skills with flawless follow-up.
- Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve, organize and project manage.
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements
- Proven ability working in fast paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines Ability to maintain strong rapport with teammates, and stakeholders from multiple business groups
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
344 total views, 1 today