Location: New York, NY
The Metropolitan Museum of Art (“the Museum”) is a private, not-for-profit institution whose collections include more than two million works of art spanning 5,000 years of world culture, from prehistory to the present and from every part of the globe. The Museum’s activities include exhibitions, lectures, publications, concerts, and educational programs. The Museum funds its operations through a variety of means, including support from its long-term investment portfolio. The Museum’s long-term investment portfolio has a current value of approximately $2.5 billion, and is invested globally across a diverse mix of asset classes.
The Digital Media department at The Metropolitan Museum of Art is seeking an experienced and creative Media Technology Developer to build innovative and advanced solutions for public-facing technologies. Digital Media is a multi-disciplinary department that leads the creation, production, presentation and dissemination of multimedia to support the viewing and understanding of the Met’s collection and exhibitions, both in-gallery and online.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Builds front-end frameworks, develops applications, and applies advanced solutions for public-facing technologies.
• Provides development and technical production on digital resources, online publications, and educational applications.
• Works closely with database administrators, designers, programmers and information architects to ensure successful implementation of user interfaces and functionality.
• Ensure proper integration and publishing routines between digital resources and Museum content repositories.
•Ensure efficient publishing of information, apply standards and best practices, and promote technical initiatives as appropriate.
• Works closely with all facets of Digital Media, the Information Systems & Technology department, and stakeholders across the Museum, such as curatorial advisory and editorial committees.
• Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• Current with web technologies and advanced media solutions, particularly pertaining to the digital media sector.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in web development and electronic publishing required.
• Experience with User Interface Design and related tools preferred
• Experience working within CMS frameworks (Sitecore, Drupal, Umbraco or similar)
• Experience working with web services (REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, XPATH)
• Experience working with useful public APIS, Webservices, and open-source libraries
• Familiarity with Back-end programming languages (PHP, C#, or similar)
• Aptitude for learning new technologies and languages as required
• Experience with some Version Control Systems
• Commitment to and experience in standards-based development, including accessibility standards
• Effective team player who can also work independently
• Effective communication, organizational, and motivational skills
Knowledge and Education:
• B.A. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-departmental and interdisciplinary teams.
• Knowledge of both Macintosh and Microsoft desktop operating environments.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
317 total views, 1 today