Location: Alexandria, VA
Can you appreciate the elegance of a well designed submit button? Do you have strong opinions about IE6? Do you enjoy trying to guess at the hex color of a link? If you answered yes, and if you believe a primary use of Photoshop is to super-impose your co-workers faces on to other bodies, then do we have a job for you.
As a User Experience Designer you will be a core member of a small team of highly talented designers responsible for the aesthetic, usability and interactivity of The Motley Fool websites. Leveraging your experience, and that of a stellar team of fellow designers and developers, you will create engaging and intuitive online experiences to delight our customers.
• Translate rough business ideas into clear visual solutions (sketches, workflow diagrams, wireframes, mockups)
• Participate in the coding and implementation of the visual solution you’ve provided to your team.
• Be a champion for users’ needs from requirements gathering through solution launch.
• Contribute to the continual refinement of The Motley Fool design process.
• 3+ years of web design experience, preferably for content-driven sites
• Strong, clean interaction and visual design sense
• Ability to rapidly sketch out ideas as rough workflows and layouts on the fly.
• Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Proficiency with hand-coded table-free HTML and CSS.
• Excellent visual, verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent leadership, communications and teamwork skills
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in design, visual communications or related field
• Comfortability with coding in XML/XSL
• Experience designing for and coding with ASP.NET
• Experience with the Agile process and Scrum environment
• A love of investing and The Motley Fool (if you don’t have it already, you will).
The Motley Fool, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.
We should, however, make you aware that there is one notable exception to this policy. It is our strict and earnest intention — and the company’s historical record will bear this out — we will never hire any of the following: cyborgs, robots, replicants, or morlocks. Now keep in mind we are well aware that all of the aforementioned have intentions of world domination in the fu ture, but as of now we have no place for them at The Motley Fool … unless the year is 2122 and the revolution has already occurred. If that is the case we welcome our new cyborg, robot, replicant, or morlock rulers!!! Perhaps we have said too much?
To apply: http://mot.ly/bGcNEM
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
303 total views, 1 today