The New York Public Library: Drupal Developer
Location: New York, NY
- Design and implement scalable, optimized, database-driven web applications using server- and client-side techniques.
- Work with our User Experience Designers to adapt existing and create new software-based solutions to support the needs of our patrons.
- Specify and build APIs, data feeds and other ways of interacting with NYPL content beyond web-based interfaces.
- Explore new platforms and architectures for NYPL services and content.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in both web technology and digital librarianship, and participate in a community of fellow practitioners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with content management systems and interactive sites, including familiarity with database programming, user accounts and sessions.
- Minimum of three years of Drupal programming experience.
- Proficient in Drupal, including custom module development, key contributed modules and the core API
- Proficient in PHP, ideally within a Linux, Apache, MySQL environment.
- Proficient in SQL, relational databases and MySQL
- Expert level HTML and CSS skills
- Knowledge of Subversion source/version control software, test-driven development, and Agile processes are a major plus.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to work well collaboratively or independently.
- Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines.
To apply: Apply Online:
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
196 total views, 1 today