Location: New York, NY
The New York Times Company is launching a confidential new business initiative requiring agile teams of talented engineers, technologists and business leaders. We are seeking individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit, and great passion for building new digital businesses from the ground up. Candidates must be nimble and flexible and thrive in a fast-paced start-up-like environment. Qualified candidates who pass an initial phone screen will be invited for personal interviews under an NDA.
· Manage projects for internal and external clients, gather customer requirements and design and implement web applications and APIs.
· Design and build front-end facing reporting and analytics web services.
· Develop internally and externally facing web and social APIs with Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL and Mongo DB.
· Design and develop user experience and visual interfaces using HTML5/AJAX/Flash/Photoshop.
· BS in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience.
· 3-5 years of experience in web development with a success in building world class websites.
· Proficiency in Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, My SQL, Mongo DB and the ability harness open source frameworks and projects as needed.
· Experience in building web services on top of real-time APIs and at large scale.
· Design and development experience with at least one of the following – HTML5, Flash, AJAX, Photoshop.
· Experience in building visual data reporting tools – a plus.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
To apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
253 total views, 1 today