The New York Times: Web Developer – Web Products
Location: New Yiork, NY
Nytimes.com is looking for experienced, self-motivated Frontend Developers to create cutting-edge interactive interfaces and web applications across the site.
- Strong competency in CSS and semantic mark-up, including but not limited to table-less layouts.
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language (PHP 5 preferred).
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software development, including best practices and OOD design patterns.
- Firm grasp of cross-browser JS and CSS complexities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage one’s time effectively to meet multiple, tight deadlines.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of XML and XSLT. Experience implementing elegant XSL template structures to render complex designs is a plus.
- Experience working in a project-driven web development environment.
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
To apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
374 total views, 1 today