The Onion: GENERALIST SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Location: Chicago, IL
You know The Onion. I’m sure you watched <http://www.theonion.com/video/apple-introduces-revolutionary-new-laptop-with-no,14299/> while ignoring your compilers homework or procrastinating at some enterprise software company.
Put your skills to use and come work at The Onion as a Generalist Software Engineer. If you were here in the last 6 months, you would have:
– led development of our site redesign (www.theonion.com).
– worked with the finance department to automate a billing process.
– built a pixel tracker to record and display real-time statistics about our users.
– watched a bunch of bands perform in a small room <http://www.avclub.com/features/av-undercover-2012/>.
You’ll work across our stack (Django) and our business (digital publishing), using technology so we can move faster.
We are looking for someone who:
– Likes to get their hands dirty with a wide range of technologies.
– Is interested in working closely with other departments on projects that will improve their jobs.
– Knows python and has built something on the web.
This position is great for someone who wants to hone their programming skills while gaining an understanding of the business at large. You’ll do great work with smart people in a growing company. Interested?
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
262 total views, 1 today