Location: Cleveland, OH
The Java/Front-end Developer III position, at The Sherwin-Williams Company, is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of existing application software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This role provides technical consulting to management, and technical associates. Also works closely with other developers as a mentor. As a technical specialist this position also works with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
• Provide input and direction to the accepted solution design based on
• Recommend both technical and process improvements and solutions to senior technical team members for review.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Performs complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for maintenance efforts.
• Perform analysis of production issues and maintenance requested by the business clients.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with tasks, which have a high
technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Maintain and modify web applications; makes approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of
critical production problems as required.
• Train and share knowledge with development teams.
• Mentor and coach junior level developers and/or Co-ops.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Assist with other project as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of work.
• 2-5 years IT related experience.
• 2-5 years J2EE and Web Application Experience, including Enterprise
• 2-5 years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
• Experience with Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture integration.
• Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
• 2+ years experience in standards based Markup.
• 2+ years experience working with web content management systems.
• Understand various business functions of an organization.
• Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work
• Minimal travel is required.
• Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
To apply: Apply on-line: http://careers.sherwin-williams.com/jobs/12089
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
241 total views, 1 today