Location: Montgomery, AL
The Southern Poverty Law Center, a leading civil rights organization located in Montgomery, Alabama, seeks a New Media Director. The New Media Director is SPLC’s chief online strategist and advocate. The director manages the SPLC web presence (including websites, social media and email outreach) and a web team of content producers and developers. The new media director also plays a prominent role in communications planning for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and direction for SPLC websites, ensuring that web presences remain usable, interactive, competitive with other organizational or advocacy sites, and engage the interest of users;
- Coordinate SPLC’s participation on social media platforms and develop social media strategy;
- Propose content ideas to promote SPLC’s mission.
- Manage web projects
- Manage bulk email operations;
- Work with other departmental directors to ensure appropriate use of web presence;
- Recruit and interview prospective team members;
- Manage and oversee web-related vendors;
- Experience managing a content-rich web presence that includes websites, social media, and bulk e-mail;
- Substantial experience managing content and development teams;
- Significant experience managing multiple concurrent full life cycle projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to present and explain technical and business information;
- Understanding of online marketing concepts, especially content marketing;
- Expert understanding of web industry best practices regarding IA, usability, content and functionality;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Personally active in social media.
- HTML and image-editing skills.
- Understanding of SEO concepts
- CMS experience using various software suites such as WordPress and Drupal (commitment to open-source software is a plus);
- Experience with copyediting and use of style guidelines;
- Knowledge of web analytics;
- Familiarity with online marketing systems like Blackbaud and Convio is a plus.
About Southern Poverty Law Center
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is a nationally known non-profit organization that combats hate, intolerance, and discrimination. With a budget of $30 million, a staff of 200, and offices in five states, the SPLC is a dynamic organization that advocates for social change through litigation, public policy advocacy, and education. The SPLC legal team has litigated numerous landmark civil rights cases, including cases in the Supreme Court and cases that have put major hate groups out of business. It also engages in a wide variety of non-litigation advocacy activities. The SPLC’s educational projects have touched the lives of millions of students and won numerous awards, including two Oscars. The SPLC’s investigative team exposes the activities of hate groups throughout the nation. Read more at www.splcenter.org
The Center offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including fully paid health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Interested candidates should apply below and attach a résumé, cover letter, and three references.
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of rate, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
To apply: See job description.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
264 total views, 1 today