Location: Los Angeles
The Way of H (TWH) is a funded music technology start-up based in Los Angeles focused on transforming the way people learn, play and interact with music. We have developed the Appy award-winning Rock ProdigyTM, a revolutionary interactive music app powered by a patent-pending technology that was jointly created with a leading pioneer in the field.
We’ve assembled a world-class team with deep music industry experience. TWH is a team of fanatical musicians, a Premier 100 IT leader, a leader in the field of computer music and one of the world’s most accomplished music producers. We are passionate about music, technology and dead-set on making a dent in the universe
We’re looking for a fun, energetic software Technical Lead who’s equally passionate about music and technology and has the drive to lead an evolving team. Do you have what it takes to build the next generation product for new app platforms and emerging models of learning and experiencing music? Are you highly collaborative and thrive on pushing the envelope of what is possible? If so, join us and be a part of the ground-level, founding team—help shape the long-term technology strategy of the company. For the right person, compensation would include salary, benefits, and an attractive stock option package.
• Work closely with a leader in the field of computer music and Audio R&D engineers to architect and build out an existing API for solving complex audio and music problems such as polyphonic pitch detection and noise cancellation.
• Collaborate with the executive team and product management to brainstorm innovative new features for the product roadmap, social platforms, and web presence targeted to musicians. Provide technical input and thought leadership on software feasibility, functionality, and performance considerations.
• Serve as a hands-on coder as well as develop and manage an expanding software engineering team as the company grows.
• Pop the hood and retool existing C/C++ audio API code, Objective-C iOS app code, and PHP/MySQL based website to optimize and continuously improve existing software components for new musical application spaces and instruments.
• Design and implement SQL database, and where appropriate XML schemas, for persistent data storage of song metadata and user performance history, including musical notation, performance queues, skill-level, player statistics, etc.
• Work with product development team to create interfaces for Objective-C, Java, and other object-oriented languages to interact with audio API “black-box” underlying product application logic and UI on target computer and mobile platforms (i.e. iOS, PC, Mac, Android).
• Implement and/or consult on optimization of device-dependent code, as needed, for mobile OS’s (i.e. iOS and Android).
• Working with QA Lead, create automated unit test cases and test data.
• Test and debug own code. Participate in code walkthroughs with other developers to ensure software quality.
• Deliver software on time and to specification, with minimal supervision.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor of Computer Science, Music Technology, or related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years hands-on experience programming in OOP languages such as C++ and Java
• Music software and/or audio technology industry experience with consumer-facing product development a plus
• In-depth knowledge and experience with OO analysis/design techniques
• Advanced proficiency in data modeling with SQL and XML
• Experience with code refactoring, automated unit testing, and build utilities strongly preferred
• Experience with performance optimization techniques, application profiling and analysis
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and team building skills (as role and company grows)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• “Out-of-the-box” creative thinking with proven problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task with tight deadlines and multiple projects under development
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a distributed Agile team environment
Skills & Personal Characteristics
• Passionate about music and technology
• Smart but very amicable
• Jumps in and gets things done
• Plays or aspires to learn a musical instrument (guitar a very big plus)
• Has an entrepreneurial, start-up spirit
To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
351 total views, 1 today