Location: Chicago, IL
About This Role:
Threadless has begun a re-platforming project on a large portion of its existing PHP web application to Python / Django. We are looking for someone to lead the engineering push towards the new platform. Specifically, you will be: vetting the exiting Python / Django software and systems, defining our future Python / Django applications, and leading a team of both junior and senior engineers in the daily hands on development of our new applications. You will be working side by side with leaders of our systems and PHP engineering teams.
Were people from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with tees, but tons of products make great canvases. We work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, but its our community who makes and picks the best art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art.
Threadless. Make Great Together
BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
* Defining the architecture of cloud / web based applications
* Writing highly scalable web applications
* Building and consuming the wide world of APIs
* Defining data models, performing schema migrations and occasionally writing SQL
* Wrangling source control, SVN or Git.
* Examples of launched projects
* Leading our Python / Django web application development efforts
* Writing scalable and efficient pythonic code for our production systems
* Mentoring our junior and senior engineers and keeping the team motivated.
* Enforcing modern software engineering practices: test driven development, continuous integration, pair programming, and code reviews
What You’re Like:
* Amazing sense of humor
* A mix of guru and teacher
* Ability to lead small project focused teams
* Ability to communicate effectively, confidently and credibly with peers and senior team members across the company
* Curious and interested in understanding how existing functionality fits together
Reports to: VP of Technology
SkinnyCorp is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/1KRRD
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
328 total views, 1 today