Location: Chicago, IL
About This Role:
We are looking for a senior engineer who loves coding, solving problems, refactoring legacy code, learning, and demonstrating kick ass ideas. You will be designing systems from scratch and supporting&extending existing applications. Were heavy on legacy PHP and migrating to Python&Django for much of our newer code. Expertise with PHP and/or Python&Django is a must. You will be diving in and contributing immediately! Must work great with a team and be comfortable going on solo missions without a great deal of oversight.
Were people from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with tees, but tons of products make great canvases. We work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, but its our community who makes and picks the best art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art.
Threadless. Make Great Together
BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
* 4 to 6 years development, testing and implementation experience
* Expertise with PHP and/or Python&Django
* Examples of launched projects
* Writing scalable and efficient code in production systems
* Hands-on experience refactoring production code
* Database experience (data modeling, SQL writing, schema migrations, ETL processes)
* Mixture of web development experience – front-end, back-end, data access
* Using version control systems like SVN and/or Git. You have a good understanding of branching, merging, and deployment in to production systems.
* Knowledge of AWS or Rackspace Cloud is a plus.
* Design patterns and object-oriented programming experience
* Practical use of modern web frameworks
* Familiar with modern software engineering practices like: test driven development, continuous integration, pair programming, and code reviews.
What You’re Like:
* Amazing sense of humor
* Smart, but modest
* Disciplined self-starter, dependable and willing to go the extra mile to deliver great results
* Ability to thrive and lead small project focused teams
* Ability to interact effectively, confidently and credibly with peers and senior team members across the company
* Curious and interested in understanding how existing functionality fits together
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/1KRMD
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
176 total views, 1 today