Location: San Francisco, CA
We’re Amazon for local services.
Hundreds of thousands of consumers visit Thumbtack every month looking to find and book local services — everything from house cleaners and Hindi tutors to wedding photographers and general contractors. Consumers get access to our massive network of service professionals, who in turn can market their businesses by listing with us. Thumbtack makes money on the marketplace transactions between these buyers and sellers.
Some stats: 800k monthly visits, 500k users signed up, and 230k active service professionals.
Join us to build the marketplace of the future.
We’re hiring engineers
We are looking for great people to join our engineering team to make real products that hundreds of thousands of people use every month.
Some interesting problems we’ve tackled at Thumbtack:
Powerful event tracking, reporting, and experiment framework.
We track and test everything, and needed a tool to log, aggregate, and analyze all that data. We built a tracking powerhouse whose crowning feature is an experimentation framework with beautiful statistics and visualizations that instantly tell us how code changes are affecting metrics across the board.
Dynamic web crawling.
We built a fast, distributed crawler with custom data processing. It quickly scales up or down depending on our needs and the cost of machine time.
Elegant peer-to-peer payments.
We’re making a true marketplace where buyers and sellers transact through our trusted payments. Building a fresh, engaging user experience is as important as protecting data security and integrity.
We have no specific requirements, other than this: you must be a great problem solver who understands modern web technology and has a passion for great code.
- Experience with a scripting language, and the ability to pick up similar languages quickly (we use Python and PHP)
- A basic understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (we use Postgres and Mongo)
- Mobile web or application experience
- Job security: we’re a real business, are funded, and have half a million users
- Work with great people who care immensely and who will want to become your friends
- Home-cooked meals daily by our gracious and talented chef
- Weekly dinners serve plenty of wine and pasta and metaphysical debate
- Beautiful warehouse office in SoMa, a block from Blue Bottle, near Powell BART
- Competitive compensation, full benefits
- Help hundreds of thousands of mom & pop, independent professionals find work. We receive emails weekly from our users, thanking us for bringing them work that helps pay their bills and put gas in their cars
To apply: Send your resume and links to your portfolio, personal website, and any open-source contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage you to complete one of our programming challenges (www.thumbtack.com/challenges) or write up a critique of T
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
360 total views, 1 today