Location: Denver, CO
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Senior Web Development Engineer for our Architecture, Development & Engineering Web Services Department . Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The selected candidate will design, develop and test scalable, interactive Web applications for the presentation of rich media, dynamic content, communications services, and subscriber utilities for Time Warner Cable and Road Runner High Speed Online.
– Apply Web 2.0 technologies in architecting and implementing services which pursue the company’s mission of connecting people and businesses with information, entertainment and each other in ways that are simple and easy.
– Support the maintenance and enhancement of Time Warner Cable’s existing Web applications, as well as migration to a unified technology platform.
– Demonstrate experience with high volume, long-life projects, balancing feature velocity, long-term maintenance costs, and operational effort.
– Monitor industry trends and advocate for Web development best-practices to maintain and enhance the product’s leadership position in the industry.
– 5+ years with core Web technologies (HTTP, XML, XHTML, CSS).
– 5+ years with Java open-source tools and frameworks (Groovy/Grails, Spring, Hibernate, Lucene)
– 5+ years with core Web technologies (HTTP, XML, XHTML, CSS,Frameworks, Caching, Object-Relational Mapping).
– Experience developing dynamic Web applications at scale (>1M+ monthly unique visitors).
– Experience with Agile/Scrum, Test-Driven-Development and Continuous-Integration methods.
– Demonstrate willingness to adapt to emerging technological changes.
– Work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
– Demonstrate a high standard of work ethics.
– Demonstrated expertise with object-oriented analysis and design, enterprise design patterns and SOA architecture.
– Demonstrated expertise in implementing and consuming RESTful Web Services and RSS/ATOM feeds.
– Demonstrated experience with server-side programming languages (ASP, JSP, ColdFusion, PHP, Perl).
– Demonstrated experience with dynamic languages (Ruby, Groovy) and frameworks (Rails, Grails).
– Demonstrated experience with User Interface Design and Usability.
– Demonstrated experience with Web analytics.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree (M. A. or M.S.) or higher; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Travel 10 %
Finally, Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply on-line at www.timewarnercable.com.
To apply: Send a resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
435 total views, 1 today