Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
There’s a sign at Toth that sums up our work, our mission, and our office lifestyle in two simple words: Be Yourself. For over 20 years Toth has helped some of America’s most popular brands do just that, from Coach to Tommy Hilfiger to Indian Motorcycle, and for over 20 years our staff has employed that same philosophy. Be yourself. We are an eclectic crew of 45 people working in Cambridge, MA. Many of us have been here since the doors first opened. We work hard; we play hard. Every day is different.
We’re looking for an amazing web developer who is interested in working on fashion and luxury brands. You are a motivated and service-focused self-starter. You aren’t shy about rolling up your sleeves and fixing problems that might not be in your job description, You love to over-deliver while managing your time wisely. You balance perfectionism with getting things done. You’re always hungry to learn new things.
What You Will Bring to the Table:
• A willingness to work in a strong team environment
• A proactive go-getter who loves to find efficiencies
• A good communicator— both written and oral
• Someone detail-oriented who writes clean, concise, secure, efficient, maintainable code
• First rate technical writing skills
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• A fast learner who is not phased by mastering a new technology
Core Technical Skills:
• Experience building dynamic web pages and fully-functional forms from the ground up – you understand how the whole web stack works, and how to avoid obvious security holes
• Experience coding pixel-perfect, cross-browser web pages to standards-compliant, table-less HTML/CSS from a supplied comp or mockup
• Experience developing templates or add-on modules for a web content management system
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, software engineering methodologies, and techniques such as regular expressions
• Favoritism toward open source development methodologies
• Strong background in databases and writing SQL queries
• Experience configuring a web server
• Experience using source control and bug tracking systems and writing technical documentation
Education & Experience
• Bachelors degree with a technical major or minor such as Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 1-5 years of software or web development experience
• Experience/Exposure to Ruby on Rails or Python frameworks
• Expertise with web architecture, providing design and development recommendations and optimizing existing infrastructure
• Leading-edge expertise in HTML5, CSS3, web video, web standards, microformats, optimizing front-end performance, etc.
• Experience with mobile website optimization
• Experience with mobile app development (iPhone/Android)
• Experience with email campaigns and cross-client HTML email development
• Experience with image creation and manipulation in Photoshop, Illustrator or FireWorks, web design, page layout or typography
• Experience with information architecture, content strategy, user experience design, usability testing, A/B testing
• Experience with SEO and Google Analytics
• Experience with XML/XSLT or JSON, data mining, etc.
• Experience with Google Maps API, Google Charts API, Facebook development, etc.
• Experience with writing APIs or writing your own framework or CMS
• Experience with code review, pair programming, agile development, unit testing, distributed version control branching/merging, or other software engineering techniques
• Expertise in networking, shell scripting, system administration or information security
• Experience with database administration and optimization
• Experience with writing specifications and test plans
• Experience managing outsourced work
• Past experience in a client-facing role
• Online Portfolio
• Code Samples
To apply: Please send resumes + samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with Web Developer in the subject line.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
188 total views, 1 today