TrainSignal: Director Of Technology
Location: Schaumburg, IL
TrainSignal is currently in search of a Director of Technology to help build the web team and new products!
Our Technology Director is considered to be influential, yet diplomatic. This person is constantly learning and interacting with the web community and staying on the cutting edge of web technologies with a good understanding of scalability, usability and accessibility practices.
Responsibilities – The Pursuit
* Build team of qualified web developers and designers who will challenge each other and are, or will aspire to be, just as awesome as you are
* Work with designers and other developers to develop and maintain software and web applications using a variety of technologies
* Create rich, intuitive and interactive interfaces and prototypes using standards-compliant techniques and cross-browser/cross-platform technologies
* Prepare for spontaneous Nerf gun wars
* Maintain existing application frameworks by implementing new features and fixing critical bugs
* Brainstorm potential solutions and key technology changes with web and business strategic team members
* Work with all internal teams and departments to ensure consistency, strategy and smooth development and distribution of product releases and updates
Qualifications – What It Takes
* 6+ years experience in software development and web application design including information architecture, interface design and visual design
* Expert knowledge of MVC Design Pattern and OOD Principles Understanding of HTML5/CSS3 and the ability to debug for cross browser compatibility
* Experience working with Agile Development Methodology
* Excellent project management skills
* Prior experience building and leading a team and mentoring designers and developers
* Belief that this is not a job, its a lifestyle (aka: passion)
* Portfolio of work and sample URLs
* A love and appreciation for Legos
* Must be legally authorized for permanent employment in the United StatesÂ
Perks – Sweetening The Pot
* Highly competitive compensation plan – TrainSignal is willing to pay for the best talent.
* Work with the most talented and brilliant minded people in the industry – We are picky about who we hire.
* Be part of a thriving culture – Virtual group hugs, Mario Cart in the break room, water balloon fights at the picnic, pajama Friday, company-sponsored play outings…
* Colorful and casual office environment with a fully stocked kitchen – Work hard, eat a lot!
* 401K, bonus sharing, profit sharing, medical/dental and flexible work hours – You might want to work with us forever.
We have work to do. Please do it with us.
What is it like to work with TrainSignal? (Written by TrainSignal employees)
"When you walk into our office, youve entered another world. Youre part of a work hard/play hard culture where its hip to be a square. Its a place where you have the freedom to be creative and try anything in a low stress, supportive environment. Working with friends who share the same vision and passion makes it feel like youre never working. We challenge each other daily to make things better and create constant, positive change. You get to be around creative and driven people who like to have fun, while being highly productive. Your ideas matter. Your creativity matters. Your work matters"
"Working with TrainSignal means being part of a team. We are dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the products we create and the people we create them for. We are happy people."
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/14eiZ
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
197 total views, 1 today