Travelocity – Home of the Roaming Gnome!: Experience Design @ Travelocity!
Location: Southlake, TX
Experience Designer : 00H96
Travelocity is looking for User Experience ninja who is all about tackling human-centered, real-world design challenges. Do you have a passion for bringing great interaction design together with stunning visual design? Do you have a high degree of literacy in front end coding? Or better yet, do you take your designs all the way through front end development?
What makes a Travelocity user experience designer? You are a design strategist, planner and creator. Travelocity Experience Designers participate at all stages of a project, including customer insights, product strategy, concepting, prototyping, detailed design, and front end development. You have a strong background in interaction design (including information architecture) and visual design skills (information design, typography, color, etc.). You must also be a systems thinker who considers how your feature, interaction, and page designs work and will be maintained across brands, channels (web/mobile), countries, and languages. You are comfortable working in a highly collaborative, agile environment, and are willing to wear multiple UX hats (IA, design, front end code).
- Create the end-to-end UX artifacts in support of product development. This includes: user personae, scenarios, feature lists, user stories, user flows, wireframes/information designs, visual designs, and any other supporting artifacts to describe the user experience is intended to work.
- Think through features and designs fully, taking into account both ideal and non-ideal scenarios along with how designs will translate to other locales and brands.
- Ensure that feature plans and designers are achievable, scalable, and maintainable over the long term.
- Collaborate closely with the product management and development teams
- Where needed, UX Designers will support front end development.
- Effectively communicate the intended functionality, flow, design patterns/styles, etc. to product managers, developers, architects, and other stakeholders both verbally and through the appropriate level of documentation
- Strong visual and interaction design are paramount in this position. A design portfolio of completed works is a must for consideration.
- At least 1+ years of user interface design experience
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors, and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- High proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Keynote, Visio, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work in a rapid development environment.
We are open to relocating candidates from outside of the DFW area. We are both a Mac and Windows powered environment.
Travelocity® is committed to being the traveler’s champion — before, during and after the trip – and provides the most comprehensive and proactive guarantee in the industry (http://www.travelocity.com/guarantee). This customer-driven focus, backed by 24/7 live phone support, competitive prices and powerful shopping technology has made Travelocity one of the largest travel companies in the world with annual gross bookings of more than U.S. $10 billion. Travelocity also owns and operates: Travelocity Business® for corporate travel; igougo.com, a leading online travel community; lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel; and ZUJI, a leader in Asia-Pacific online travel. Travelocity is owned by Sabre Holdings Corporation, a world leader in travel marketing and distribution.
Sabre Holdings connects people with the world’s greatest travel possibilities by retailing industry-leading travel products and providing distribution and technology solutions for the travel industry through our three companies: Travelocity Global, Sabre Travel Network and Sabre Airline Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 9,000 employees in more than 55 countries. Our teams around the world work together to support travelers, travel agents, corporations, government agencies and travel suppliers. Our team members are people who take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
To view more details about this opportunity, click on the link below!
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
913 total views, 1 today