Location: Newton, MA
Why this job is Awesome: You will combine your UI design skills with Mobile design skills to help create online products and interfaces.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Sr. Mobile Interactive Designer with mobile platform experience working with large consumer websites or brands. Working closely with the Senior Mobile Designer and Mobile Product Team, you will be designing our next generation of mobile websites & apps across multiple platforms. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be personally responsible for creating highly usable and intuitive interfaces and engaging mobile experiences.
As part of our multi-discipline development team, your work will play a vital role, acquiring and enabling millions of travelers around the world an easier and more engaging way to plan, take and share their trips.
What You’ll Do:
Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent mobile experiences for TripAdvisor.com and our global websites, optimizing features and functionality to take full advantage of the various platforms we support
Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with business managers, and the design team to help define a mobile creative strategy.
Communicate and sell your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, partners, etc.
What We Seek:
Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door approach to web design.
3-5 years experience in mobile web and app design, preferably on large, content-rich consumer websites
Knowledge of Mobile Usability best practices
Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a “go-get ‘em” attitude.
Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
Experience with Native app design: experience with fully native apps on iPhone and ideally on multiple platforms, especially Android
Experience with Native app controls: how standard controls (like the tab bar on iPhone) work, and what the constraints are (also related: familiarity with Apple UX guidelines)
Experience with cross-platform interoperability & graceful degradation: ideally based on device detection and device capabilities (e.g. WURFL device description repository)
Experience with Webviews: integration of mobile web pages into native apps
Proficient to expert in: Photoshop and Illustrator.
Knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS3, particularly pseudo-native functions like CSS transitions, and how they work when integrating native views and webviews
Experience with holistic thinking around overall usability and design approach to member and community features.
Interaction design skills: Experience creating wireframes a big plus.
Experience with international audiences a plus .
Bachelor’s degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Graphic or Interface design.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
• Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
• Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
• Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
• Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
• Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
• Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
• Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
• Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
• Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
• Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
To apply: To apply for this role please send all resumes to Jennifer Ramcharan to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you MUST have an online portfolio with multiple examples of interactive design.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
240 total views, 1 today