Location: San Francisco, CA
TripIt is one of the hottest startups in the Bay Area. Our award-winning travel service is at the epicenter of converging web, mobile and social technologies. We’re growing quickly and recently closed on a third-round of $7M funding. Our web and mobile service is praised by travelers and industry notables, including TechCrunch, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and by thousands of bloggers worldwide. We’ve been called “absolutely awesome,” “addictive” and “a seriously powerful travel tool.” Just search Google or Twitter for TripIt and see for yourself. Strategically, we’re an open travel platform with an API that enables the free flow of travel information. We’ve already attracted top partners like BCD Travel, LinkedIn, Google, Hotwire, Lotus, Plaxo and hundreds of developers who use our API including several of the top travel apps for the iPhone and Android.
Our team has built a service unlike any that have come before it in the online travel space. Now it’s time for TripIt to grow to the next level, and to do that we need you. You are the type of designer that is driven by the challenge of solving unique UI problems in a compressed time frame while balancing the needs of the business and the constraints of the medium. You will report directly to the Principal Designer and will work alongside TripIt’s product managers and engineers. You will be responsible for providing design leadership for all components of the TripIt service – from web pages, to emails, to mobile screens, and printed itineraries.
- Leading design throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables, user interface elements, and prototypes.
- Producing prototypes that employ jQuery, HTML and CSS.
- Translating usability and field research findings into design improvements.
- Communicating design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with engineers to deliver polished final product.
- Contributing to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to create better experiences for people using TripIt.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Strong visual and UX design skills: attention to detail down to the pixel.
- The ability to work fast.
- Strong communication skill and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, HCI or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years experience as a key member of a UI team through the product development cycle of several successfully launched web, mobile and/or software applications (as opposed to layout and decorative design).
To apply: Please apply here: http://tripit.jobscore.com/job_seeker/apply/load_resume?job_id=d32Ppydjer4iFKeJe4bk1X
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
295 total views, 1 today