Location: San Francisco, CA
TripIt®, the leading mobile trip management service from Concur, Inc. (Nasdaq: CNQR), helps people organize and share their travel plans no matter where they book. Travelers simply forward their travel confirmation emails from over 3,000 sites to email@example.com
. TripIt automatically creates a master itinerary that combines all their travel plans plus maps, directions and more. With TripIt, it’s easy to share and collaborate on trips with friends and colleagues using social networks or TripIt Groups. TripIt itineraries can be accessed online, via mobile device using its popular iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry apps, or m.tripit.com. TripIt is an open itinerary platform that works with a growing eco-system of travel and mobile partners. TripIt Pro premium service for frequent travelers automatically monitors travel itineraries, providing mobile alerts, alternate flight options, frequent traveler point tracking, flight refund tracking and notification, and automated trip sharing. For more, please visit at www.tripit.com
and follow TripIt on twitter at: www.twitter.com/tripit
TripIt is a business unit of Concur®, the leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions for companies of all sizes. Concur’s easy-to-use web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Learn more at www.concur.com
The TripIt team has built a service unlike any that have come before it in the online travel space. Now it’s time to take it to the next level, and to do that we need you. You are the type of designer that is driven by the challenge of solving unique UI/UX problems in a compressed timeframe while balancing the needs of the business and the constraints of the medium. You will report directly to the Principal Designer and will work alongside TripIt’s product managers and engineers. You will be responsible for providing design leadership for all components of the TripIt service – from web pages, to emails, to mobile screens, and printed itineraries.
- Leading design throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables, user interface elements, and prototypes.
- Producing prototypes that employ jQuery, HTML and CSS.
- Translating usability and field research findings into design improvements.
- Communicating design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with engineers to deliver polished final product.
- Contributing to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to create better experiences for people using TripIt.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Strong visual and UX design skills: attention to detail down to the pixel.
- The ability to work fast.
- Strong communication skill and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, HCI or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years experience as a key member of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of several successfully launched web, mobile and/or software applications (as opposed to layout and decorative design).
More about the TripIt Business Unit:
TripIt’s web and mobile service is praised by travelers and industry notables, including TechCrunch, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and by thousands of bloggers worldwide. We’ve been called “absolutely awesome”, “addictive” and “a seriously powerful travel tool.” Just search Google or Twitter for TripIt and see for yourself. We’re located in spacious new offices in the sunny Mission District in San Francisco, close to BART and several MUNI lines. Our refrigerator is stocked with drinks and we’ve got a great courtyard for BBQs too. We’re a hard-working team of 45 people and growing. We value creativity, collaborative thinking, new ideas and open communication.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
- Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
To apply: Apply at:
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
402 total views, 1 today