TroopSwap.com: Senior Rails Developer
Location: Washington, DC
line; 10% of profits are donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. We exist
because we realized that Craigslist, with its focus on Metropolitan
cities, doesn’t always include military bases so many communities fall
into a structural hole in the market where there is no “go-to” local
classified site. Because the community moves so frequently, 1 out of
every 3 years for a PCS move and 1 out of 2 for deployments, there is an
amplified need for a military-tailored classified site. TroopSwap’s goal is to leverage the values that
underpin the military community in order to create the most trusted online marketplace for service members and their families (the core of our value proposition). This will further the deep knit social connections that permeate the community.
duties include, but only are limited to your imagination. You may have to do
more duties we haven’t thought of, that’s why we need you.
- Lead the architecture of the TroopSwap site
- Supervise the integration of the TroopSwap application into distribution partners
- Lead and supervise other engineers as we grow
- Oversee initiatives into mobile, social, and embeddable platforms
- Prepare the code and infrastructure to scale
- Work with the rest of team to rapidly plan, code, and launch innovative new features that change the way people interact with each other online — through transactions and social forums
- Preferred 3+ years experience engineering fast-growing Ruby on Rails applications
- Ability to improve performance of existing codebase
- Test-driven development (Rspec)
- An eye for style, design, and usability
- HTML and CSS
- Liquid Templates
- Cross-domain scripting
- Building APIs
- Facebook apps
- PayPal Adaptive Payments
- Must be a self-starter and extremely disciplined, while able to excel in a “no
hand-holding” “no micro-managing” entrepreneurial environment.
Must possess strong strategic agility, with excellent financial and business
acumen, while simultaneously rolling up the sleeves to execute with excellence.
Must be a dynamic leader, someone who energizes the team to wake up every
morning and come to work.
- Highly competitive salary and equity packages (based on talent/experience)
- We will buy whatever technical gizmos you need (or even want)
- Get in early – be one of the first 5 employees and have your name associated with a terrific product
- Help the underserved military community and generate money for wounded veterans
To apply: Send a resume, examples of your best work, and anything else cool you want to share to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
206 total views, 1 today