Location: Santa Monica, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Who We Are: TrueCar, Inc. is a revolutionary Internet company that is fundamentally changing the automotive industry. Our business model is innovative and profitable: we’re creating a transparent, intelligent automotive marketplace that benefits both buyers and sellers, using technology to ensure dealers thrive and consumers get a great price. Since its launch in 2006, TrueCar has facilitated the sale of over 400,000 new and used vehicles, and works with a nationwide network of over 5,000 dealers. Our partners include some of the most prominent brands in the U.S., including Consumer Reports, AAA, USAA, GEICO, Progressive, American Express, Bank of America, U.S. Bank, Yahoo Autos, AOL Autos and U.S. News. Our acquisition strategy recently resulted in the purchase of automotive residual values industry leader ALG as well. With triple digit revenue growth and offices in Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, San Francisco and Austin, we’ve made the list of fastest growing companies for both Inc. Magazine and Los Angeles Business Journal and our growth in 2012 is expected to more than double.
Now, we need more great people to help us pull off the next big thing. Join us.
Who We’re Looking For: Right now, we’re looking for a Java Architect who is responsible for building the technology used to build the core framework for our various web initiatives. Ideal candidates will have more than seven years of professional software development experience designing database-driven, web-based systems in a Linux environment.
• Working with the development team to design robust and scalable APIs that contribute to the core platform of the company
• Working with partners to utilize those services and APIs
• Optimizing and enhancing systems with high-volume data logging and processing needs, and high performance requirements
• Contributing architecture input to new systems as well as rewriting legacy systems
• Contributing domain-specific expertise by reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks, and mentoring junior members of the team=
• 7-10 years of professional software development experience producing web-based systems in a Linux environment
• A passion for software development, excited to teach and learn from others on a small team
• Solid understanding and practical experience using object-oriented design principles and patterns
• Significant experience designing web services and APIs
• Experience using enterprise level RDBMS and comfortable enough with SQL to do more than simple selects from tables
• 3+ years of creating or interfacing with SOA solutions
• Worked with multi-threaded environments
• Experience with MVC frameworks
• Understanding of common web-based exploits and how to architect secure solutions to avoid exploits
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
• Experience developing with Resin and distributed computing a plus
• Consumer Internet product experience preferred
• Helping support the operation of our production services
• C/C++ or Objective-C a plus
Great People Deserve Great Benefits: Yes, we’re on a mission to reinvent how cars are bought and sold. And yes, we know our employees fuel our success. So we put a premium on the best talent and reward our people with a highly competitive salary and a wealth of amazing benefits — including company equity, 100% paid family medical, dental, vision, and a healthy 401(k). We’ll also throw in gym memberships, 12 holidays, career training, three weeks PTO and much more. All in the name of attracting the brightest and keeping the best.
A Word About Our Culture: Our new ocean-side corporate offices in Santa Monica symbolize the best of ‘Silicon Beach’ and the direction we’re headed to as a company. We work hard and play hard – and are led by a world-class executive team who want to make a difference. Invention and open collaboration are highly valued, and we encourage innovative thinking that drives great ideas across the entire organization. We utilize the latest web technologies to solve challenging problems, create powerful web applications from the ground up, and work hard to provide an outrageously good experience for both our customers and the people who work here. If this sounds like the kind of place where you want to spend your valued time, then check us out at TrueCar.com. We want to hear from you.
Make the Connection: Send us your resume, cover letter, and links to some of your greatest projects. We’ll be in touch
To apply: Please Click Here to Apply: http://sj.tbe.taleo.net/SJ12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TRUECAR&cws=1&rid=162
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
466 total views, 1 today