Location: Santa Monica, CA
Senior SQL DBA
Santa Monica, CA
Who We Are: TrueCar, Inc. is a revolutionary Internet company that is fundamentally changing the automotive industry. Our business model is innovative and profitable: we’re creating a transparent, intelligent automotive marketplace that benefits both buyers and sellers, using technology to ensure dealers thrive and consumers get a great price. Since its launch in 2006, TrueCar has facilitated the sale of over 400,000 new and used vehicles, and works with a nationwide network of over 5,000 dealers. Our partners include some of the most prominent brands in the U.S., including Consumer Reports, AAA, USAA, GEICO, Progressive, American Express, Bank of America, U.S. Bank, Yahoo Autos, AOL Autos and U.S. News. Our acquisition strategy recently resulted in the purchase of automotive residual values industry leader ALG as well. With triple digit revenue growth and offices in Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, San Francisco and Austin, we’ve made the list of fastest growing companies for both Inc. Magazine and Los Angeles Business Journal and our growth in 2012 is expected to more than double.
Now, we need more great people to help us pull off the next big thing. Join us.
Who We’re Looking For: Right now, we are looking for a Senior Microsoft SQL Server DBA who is responsible for managing a growing database farm distributed geographically and used to power our production web sites, APIs, internal tools, and corporate applications. Ideal candidates will have more than seven years of professional database administration experience managing scalable, robust farms of Microsoft SQL Server database servers.
• Provide documentation in regards to best practices and be able to implement those practices
• Ensuring that backups of all databases are performed regularly and are stored on reliable storage.
• Setting up and monitoring many transactional replication publications between the various servers and locations.
• Keep databases in top shape by creating a plan to run routine maintenance tasks like index defragmentation
• Identify performance problems and issues before they impact our production environment through automated monitoring
• Respond to production issues and troubleshooting issues quickly in order to escalate to the right person or team
• Develop an automated system to organize and deploy database changes
• 5+ years of professional database management experience in a consumer-facing web-based environment.
• A passion for database management in a fast-paced environment
• Experience scaling and distributing database architecture
• A desire to drive changes within an organization
• Mastery of T-SQL, indexing, Transaction Replication, and other MS SQL Server technologies
• Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Windows
• Ability to collaborate across teams to achieve the goals of the company
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) a plus
Great People Deserve Great Benefits: Yes, we’re on a mission to reinvent how cars are bought and sold. And yes, we know our employees fuel our success. So we put a premium on the best talent and reward our people with a highly competitive salary and a wealth of amazing benefits — including company equity, 100% paid family medical, dental, vision, and a healthy 401(k). We’ll also throw in gym memberships, 12 holidays, career training, three weeks PTO and much more. All in the name of attracting the brightest and keeping the best.
A Word About Our Culture. TRUECar is guided by world-class leadership who believes in providing you with the best. We like to have fun while we’re changing the auto industry, and we utilize the latest web technologies to solve challenging problems, create innovative web applications from the ground up, and provide an outrageously good Web experience for our customers. Invention and open collaboration are highly valued, and we encourage ‘Green Field’ thinking to continually push great ideas across the entire organization. If this sounds like the kind of place where you want to spend your valued time, then check us out at truecar.com. We want to hear from you.
Make the Connection. Send us your resume, cover letter, and links to some of your latest projects, and we’ll be in touch.
To apply: Please Click Here to Apply: http://sj.tbe.taleo.net/SJ12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TRUECAR&cws=1&rid=290
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
261 total views, 1 today